Wednesday 1 August 2012

Reading 7: Comments

Innovations in Education

The reading for today comes out of left field for me, I didn't really know that curating content was a thing. However as I understand it it is the process of collecting materials from online sources and thinking about them critically, having a purpose in mind and creating a forum for them to be viewed by others. I wonder at the purpose of curating content or why you might want to ask students to curate content. I guess having students learn how to get content, and understand it is valuable but I don't really get curating. Maybe it will be explained in detail and with context in class and I will see the value of "curating content" but as it stands it is somewhat a foreign concept to me with no real life application.

No comments:

Post a Comment